Tuesday 25 October 2011

Merlins Magic CSI3 Caen 2011



CSI3 Caen: such a beautiful show but my worst show this season by a long shot. The excuses are there to choose from (first indoor etc etc) but all in all one of those weekends I just cant bare to relive so I'll try to keep my description of it short and sweet like a twitter feed:

I lost my stirrups day1 in the 1m50 GP qualifier. Against my better judgement i tried to jump the triple bar related distance down to the first combination anyways - not a good idea. Merlin is too sensitive for that, so after that line I circled and then finished the course. I'll spare you the exact details, I'm sure your imagination is vivid enough.

Day 2: I had to put him back in the big class as we were not yet qualified for the GP. Jumped 1-3 fine, if anything slightly too careful (to be expected after the previous day's charade) then three strides down to the first big oxer and he just lost his nerve, hesitated and gave it a good smack so i jumped the next fence and called it a day. No point going on after that.

All is well that ends well. I rode him in the consolation class sunday and as you can see (above) he was his usual beautiful self - fighting spirit in tact :-) he'd forgiven me! Placed 13th in 1m40 speed class and paid his entry fee thankfully.

Curly (aka Heracross), his usual mischievous self, decided to take the opportunity amidst spotlights and spectators to act up in the ring making quite the show of himself - didn't get away with it this time though!

Pam, myself and the boys are staying at Hickstead for the next two weeks before heading to the world cup qualifier in Leszno Poland 10-13th November. Hopefully enough time to get ourselves back on track. wish me luck.

PS my sponsors MUSTAD are hosting a massive clinic in county kildare 14-16th Nov together with the Grant Moon. Kildare Racing School, Irish Farrier Authority, Curragh House, Dublin Road, Kildare Town. Should you wish to attend or for further information please contact John at Irish Equestrian - john@irishequestrianproducts.ie or call 00353 45522999 or contact Louise Pehrsson on 0044 7792929877 or email Louise.pehrsson@mustad.se


No comments:

Post a Comment